Note: Once caught by a temple guard, the room the the temple guard is protecting will no longer have the temple guard.
Fact 1: When a temple guard jumps out to capture a player, it sometimes surprises/scares the player.
Fact 2: In Seasons 2 and 3, a spirit of a temple guard may inhabit one of the trees in the Dark Forest. So if a player reaches for the key in the tree with the temple guard spirit, the rules still apply with a regular temple guard: give the tree a pendant or you're captured.
- Although Kirk Fogg refers them as the "dreaded" temple guards, the guards are actually friendly to the contestants, as in The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I when Katie fell off of one of the back boxes in The Shrine of the Silver Monkey and gives Eddie from The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth the peace sign.
- Even though the temple guards were suppose to "vanish" after the contestant grabs the artifact, some of them can still be seen in their hiding places in some episodes like The Star of Sultan Saladin and The Trojan Horseshoe.
- In The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox, The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, and The Broken Trident of Poseidon, none of the Temple Guards were encountered.
- In the the Pendant of Kamehameha, the temple guard was hiding in the Dungeon but follows and captures the player in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings.
- In some rooms like The Dark Forest and The Room of the Ancient Warriors, the Temple Guards hiding in those rooms can only catch the contestants if they are in a certain position within the rooms. In other rooms, the Temple Guards can catch the players at any position just as they enter the room.
- Not all rooms featured the Temple Guards. The Pit of Despair, its successors, The Jester's Court, The Room of Three Torches, The Viper's Nest, The Lightning Room, and The Well are rooms that didn't feature the guards.
- In The Crown of Queen Nzinga and The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible, all 3 temple guards hid in a straight line.
- There is also a page for the temple guards on villains wiki.