|The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak|
December 13, 1995
Amanda & Gator Burgess
When Kirk gave the signal, the contestants had to hop across three icebergs. If their knees touch the water or the icebergs, but must start over.
The Steps of Knowledge
The Most Famous Eskimo Warrior was Apanuugpak, who lived in 1700s Alaska. He was a fearless warrior and patient hunter. One Day, Apanuugpak and his Wife was approached by a tribe of enemy Eskimos who accused them of fishing on their hunting grounds. Apanuugpak denied the accusation but The Tribe intended to make him leave. Despite being surrounded by the enemy, Apanuugpak was unafraid and taunted the them. The warriors attacked. Apanuugpak toss aside two who tried to stab him. When hit by arrows, Apanuugpak just laughed and taunted them further. Astonished, the tribe ran away. Apaanuugpak's wife ran to him to check on him. Apanuugpak opened his pakka to reveal his mussel-shell armor. The Armor made its way to the temple and can be found in The Chamber of the Sacred Markers.
|The Steps of Knowledge Question Answers|
||Silver Snakes (2 steps left)|
|Did Apaanuugpak live in ...?||
||Red Jaguars (2 Steps Left)|
|Was Apaanuugpak famous among all of the eskimo tribes for being...?||
||Red Jaguars (1 Step Left)|
|What make Apaanuugpak such a great hunter?||
||Green Monkeys (2 Steps Left)|
|Did the other tribe complain that Apaanuugpak fished?||
||Blue Barracudas (2 Steps Left)|
|During the attack, Did Apaanuugpak dodge...?||
||Blue Barracudas (1 Step Left)|
|In the 1700s, for warmth, did most Eskimos wear....?||
||Red Jaguars (Advanced to the Temple Games)|
|What did Apaanuugpak have under his parka?||
||Green Monkeys (1 Step Left)|
|Did Apaanuugpak live in...?||
||Green Monkeys (Advanced to the Temple Games)|
The Temple Games
Nikolette and Amanda was under a stab of "Ice". They must slide under it to sneak up on some fish. After they catch the fish, they must place in their ice bucket. The player with the most fish wins. Although both girls was even, Nikolette missed a fish. This allowed Amanda to edge her out for the win, 4-3.
Jarrod and Gator must take two seal plushs to the seal haven at the top of bouncing castles. Gator gotten the lead early on and won
The teams must use slingshots to launch balls to knock down 4 pilars respenting the rogue eskimos. THe first team to knock down all of their warriors or whoever has the most knocked down win. The Green Monkeys scored early while the Jaguars stuggled at the end. They was able to knock one down to tie the game. Both teams received a full pendant. However, The Green Monkeys went to the temple because of having 2 pendants to the Red's One
|The Temple Games Results|
|Team||Game 1||Game 2||Game 3||Pendants|
|Red Jaguars||Lost||Lost||Tied||1 Pendant|
|Green Monkeys||Won||Won||Tied||2 Pendants|
The Temple Run
Amanda started by running to the Crypt. She was lucky to pull the right book first, and advanced to the Pit. Unfortunately, she didn't have enough power to hit the column and instead had to jump off to knock it down. In the Tomb of the Headless Kings, she encountered her first temple guard. She found the head and had to place it on both skeletons to open the door to the Jester's Court. It took her three tries to open the door that led to the Dark Forest where the temple guard spirit in the left tree caught her. Gator entered the temple with about a minute and a half left. He finally broke through the wall to the Quicksand Bog and climbed the ladder up to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey with a minute left. A temple guard happened to be in this room and Gator gave up his pendant. After assembling the statue, the door leading to the Room of the Ancient Warriors was delayed in opening up. The third set of amor worked opening the door to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers where the Mussel Shell Armor was, where he grabbed it and quickly ran out of the temple. He ran across the Pit, through the Crypt and escaped with 10 seconds left.
- The original prize plugs for this episode are as follows:
- $50 Savings Bond for Melody Pops (Moat Crossing)
- Moon Shoes by Hart Enterprises (Steps of Knowledge)
- Looney Tunes B-Ball for SNES (Temple Games)
- Amanda is one of the four contestants to knock down the pillar with her bare hands.
- This is the fourth and final time that an Artifact in the center of the temple was reached. The others were The Heart-Shaped Pillow of Annie Taylor, The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan , and The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror.
- This is the second victory in the center of the temple, the First being the Heart-Shaped Pillow of Annie Taylor.
- This was the second of the two Green Monkey Wins with 2 pendants. The other win was Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress.
- This was the third victory where the team encountered all of the temple Guards. The first two being John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine and Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress.
- When Gator was exiting the temple with the armor, one of the mussel shells fell off and landed in the pit.